Special Event Application

To complete an application you will need to have an account with us. If you don't have an account, please create an account.

A special event application is required for events taking place on City property. Special events may be civic, provincial, or national celebrations, cultural performances or gatherings, sporting tournaments and a wide range of commercial or corporate functions.

Private events (birthday parties, family reunions, company picnics, etc.) do not require a special event application, but do require a rental permit. Contact facilitybookings@guelph.ca for more information.

If you are unsure whether your event is required to complete a Special Event Application, email specialevents@guelph.ca or call 519-837-5678


Create Account

City of Guelph Staff Login Here


City of Guelph Special Events Homepage

Important Contact Information

Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health - Hosting a Special Event

Guelph Humane Society

After-hours contact numbers

  • Bylaw enforcement: 519-837-2529
  • Emergency locates (ON1Call): 1-800-400-2255 Operations (e.g. traffic lights, road obstructions): 519-837-5628, select “1” for emergencies
  • Noise complaints (Guelph Police): 519-824-1212
  • Parks: 519-837-5626
  • Parking exemptions: 519-836-7277
  • Power outages (Guelph Hydro): 519-822-3010
  • Spills: Guelph Environmental Protection Officer 519-837-5629 / Ministry of the Environment Spills Action Centre: 1-800-268-6060
  • Wastewater Services: 519-837-5629
  • Water Services: 519-837-5627
  • Railway concerns and maintenance: 519-501-3221